Lupita Superstar



After reading an Entertainment Weekly article, “Black Star,
 
White Ceiling” about the lack of film roles for 2014 Oscar

winner Lupita Nyong’o I decided to add my two cents. I

think it’s great that she’s got film roles in “Jungle

Book” and now “Star Wars”. I love her modeling for Miu Miu. (I am hoping for her  a Vogue magazine cover too.) However
following her Academy award win for “Twelve Years a Slave”,
I just wish she had a starring role in a film worthy of her  talent and beauty.



I think she’d be wonderful in a film of

Pearl Cleage’s book, “What Looks like Crazy on an Ordinary

Day”, Toni Morrison’s book “Tar Baby”, Gloria Nayor’ s book

( she also wrote a screenplay at a Sundance Lab )“Mama

Day”, Lynn Nottage’s Pulitzer prize winning play, “Ruined”. Or

maybe a bio pic about a historical character like Hottentot

Venus or Assata Shakur. If only someone in Hollywood could

read…

Update : Vogue Cover!

Popular posts from this blog

St. John Redux

Retrofête

"MINISTER OF SELF DEFENSE"