My First DVF

The summer of 77’, I came to Manhattan for a summer course at Parson School of Design. I had barely arrived  and went to the payphone in my dorm lobby  to call my Mom to send money and finance some new wardrobe purchases. I bought my first of many Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dresses at Saks Fifth Avenue.  Then a seventeen year old lady looking fabulous could  slip into a disco, order a Pina Colada or Black Russian and dance the hustle to Barry White, Donna Summer and The Bee Gees. My Uncle Ted and his girlfriend drove from New Jersey to see how I made it through the big blackout. I met them at the elegant Art Deco designed  One Fifth  for brunch of mimosa, Eggs benedict and capaccino.  As I entered the restaurant in my red DVF wrap dress and Charles Jourdan sandals and clutch, they were stunned by my transformation to   a chic Manhattan woman.

Popular posts from this blog

St. John Redux

Retrofête

"MINISTER OF SELF DEFENSE"